For many, achieving a true work-life balance is hard. No matter how you define “balance”, one thing is for sure: you need to manage your busy schedule to keep both personal and professional parts of your life moving forward.
It’s sometimes hard to find that balance. Throw in the holidays and it’s a whole new ballgame. What is your definition of balance? Your definition will mostly likely be different than the next guy. Is it 50/50 personal and professional? Is it 60/40, 90/10? This week it might be 60/40 and next week it could change. You have to be able to go with the flow and the change. It’s up to you to find your balance.
Here are some helpful tips that might help during the holidays and maybe into 2020.
- Do what you HAVE to do, don’t be afraid to delegate to others.
- Define priorities, work smart, not hard.
- Make time for yourself, clear your head, take a time out.
- Keep a schedule and stick to it.
- Be flexible.
- Share your expectations with your team/family.
- Be still.
May the peace and joy of the holidays be with you today and throughout the New Year.