Before you create anything, question everything! Here are 10 questions to get you started.
In my formative years, I had an account supervisor who would constantly push me to provide better strategic thought to my advertising with two simple words, “So what?”
Do you want to tell the world about your free or interest checking? So what, everyone has it. Why should the target care? (But our “FREE” is in all caps!)
That is the key to the big, “So what?” Why should your audience care? If you can answer that, you can sell anything.
Here are a few questions to help get you ready to answer the big, “So what?””
- Who is the target audience? What do they look like? What do they care about? Why?
- How is this product positioned against your other products?
- What does the competition offer?
- How is the product different or better than anything else in the market?
- How will the product make a customer’s life easier or better?
- How will your sales team sell it? What will they say?
- If your customer were to brag about your product, what would they tell their friends?
- How will the product be used?
- If you can convey only one message, what is it?
- What do you want the audience to do next?
Anything that you create that speaks to these questions will be infinitely better than, “We have a free checking account with no minimum balance.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FINANCAL MARKETING BLOG
Free Marketing e-Book
Free Bank & CU Marketing White Papers
Read Success Stories
See Our Videos
email me directly
Follow us on Twitter @MarketMatch