I don’t need to sell you on the importance of mobile marketing. But I’ll remind you of some stats:
According to a recent FDIC Consumer News – Winter Report, A Closer Look at Mobile Banking: More Uses, More Users:
- Among mobile banking users with smartphones, 53% with bank accounts used mobile banking in the previous 12 months.
- 62% of mobile banking users checked their account balance on their phone before making a large purchase in the store, and 50% decided not to purchase an item as a result of their account balance or credit limit.
Among MarketMatch’s community bank and credit union clients, web sites were accessed, in 2018, via:
- 55.81% Desktop
- 34.80% Mobile (with a high of 52.96% for one credit union!)
- 9.39% Tablet
We find that those banks and credit unions with the highest mobile access to their site are the same clients with the most robust digital media initiatives.
For your 2019’s marketing, you have to be thinking digital!
And as you consider next year’s digital spend and social media efforts, keep in mind Apple’s list of the top 20 free apps of 2018:
- Google Maps
- Spotify Music
- WhatsApp Messenger
- Cash App
- Google Photos
- Google Chrome
Note, that YouTube has now surpassed Instagram and Snapchat. According to a Pew poll from earlier this year, YouTube is the most used app among teens, with 85% using it.
This list also tells us:
- For streaming music, Spotify tops Pandora
- 2019 is the year to “crack the code” for Instagram and Snapchat – though these are still trending toward younger targets that may not appeal to you yet
- Facebook is still viable with Millennials and Gen X
- Your small business customers are using Square for card processing
- If you’re spend resources on Twitter, you may want to reconsider
Are You Smarter Than A 7-Year-Old?
YouTube’s top earner in 2018 made roughly $22 million in advertising profits, merchandising and other sources of revenue … and he’s only SEVEN YEARS OLD!!!